Precautions we are taking to ensure your child’s and our staff’s safety.
- Please do not bring your child if they or anyone in the household is feeling sick. This includes if anyone has tested for Covid-19 and not gotten results. We will make up session if necessary.
- Your child’s temperature will be taken to enter the building.
- Once inside, they will be given hand sanitizer and taken to class.
- The lobby will be closed for right now. This means only students are allowed to wait for their class in the lobby. I realize that with our younger classes they will need to be escorted in the building. Please do so but exit quickly. There will be an adult in the lobby with the students.
- I know that the beginning of dance/gym is a special time for parents. For new students, we will allow a quick “peak” for the first two weeks. Please wait for the lobby to clear before entering. Once you have gotten a peak please exit the building quickly. This will allow all new parents the opportunity to get a peak. If for any reason we need you, I promise we contact you by phone.
- Parents may enter the lobby two at a time to make payments. Please try and wait for the lobby to be clear of students.
- Social distancing has been set up in each of the rooms to ensure that each child is 6 feet apart.
- Face mask are not required but use your own judgement. Dance/Gymnastics/Cheer is a physically exerting activity, and we feel very strongly that students should not wear masks while performing physically exerting activities. However, this is an individual parent and family choice. If you would like your student to wear a mask for the class please let us know.
- The studio will be following a strict cleaning policy, sanitizing all frequently touched surfaces and items. Rooms will be sanitized in between classes.
- I have tried to do my best to stagger classes but have some days where there are some that start close to the same time. The first couple of weeks will be a test and we will get into a routine as they come in the door.
- Entering the building will be done through the front door. Some classes will dismiss out of the side door this year so we can social distance as much as possible. If you child’s class exits the side door, you will turn off of Moseley Road onto Bassett Street which will bring you around to the back of the building. This will allow you to exit out of our parking lot. I will let each class know which way to exit.
With all this being said, please bear with us as we go through this year. We will be re-evaluating things weekly and monthly during this school year. I hope not but could possibly have to make changes with class times or days due to attendance. My hope is that our classes fill to capacity and we are able to add a few more in during the year. Right now, I have no show dates planned until we have an idea of how they are going to allow events to open up. We have discussed end of the year ideas on a much smaller scale than usually planned. I hope I never have to cancel another recital ever again.
I look forward to seeing everyone come through the doors and hope that you understand the changes.